The latest trend going viral is the custard toast recipe (also referred to as yoghurt toast).
- 2-3 slices of soft bread
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2-3 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Raspberries or Blueberries as topping
- Optional garnish with drizzle of maple syrup
- Simply preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, add the egg, yoghurt, and maple syrup. Whisk together to form a liquid custard.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon or fork, press into the centre of the bread to indent and create a well without cutting through.
- Spoon in the custard mixture into the indented well and add your toppings on top.
- Place on an oven tray with baking paper and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- The custard should be set and starting to caramelise on the edges when ready.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup (optional) and enjoy your fun Custard Toast!