The Star’s signature restaurants are celebrating prosperity and abundance in 2022 with their Lunar New Year menus where they have NOT held back.
Sokyo, BLACK Bar & Grill, and Flying Fish want you to bring together your friends and family and enjoy the high-quality ingredients they have to offer and the luxurious menu SCREAMS wealth and good fortune which is what we all want to bring into the new year.
From the 31st January to the 15th February, we’re bringing in the Year of The Tiger in style.
Executive Chef Chase Kojima is serving up the most mind-blowingly gorgeous Sashimi Platter as well as a tasty fried fish PERFECT for sharing.
- Opulent Sashimi Platter ($688.80) – With each ingredient individually marinated and meticulously prepared, the platter will include; Tasmanian live lobster, caviar, toro, Japanese tuna belly, ocean trout, scampi, scallop, kingfish, snapper, caviar, and assorted sashimi.
- Fried Half Snapper with Nanban Sauce ($98.80)
Executive Chef, Dany Karam has created an auspicious menu from local suppliers including –
- 1.5KG Wagyu Tomahawk MBS7 with Bone Marrow and Saw Tooth Coriander Gremolata ($498.90)
- Black Lip Abalone with Canopy Butter ($88.80)
Executive Chef Peter Robertson has designed a menu specifically to bring good fortune that also showcases the best local seafood we have to offer!
- 1KG BBQ Whole Eastern Rock Lobster, Wakame Butter, Lime ($338.80)
- Miso Baked Aquna Murray Cod, Pickled Ginger & Tumeric ($68.80)
It’s not just remarkable food, The Star will also host a digital art show and aerialist performance in the Grand Foyer using light and water illusions.
Titled ‘Year of the Water Tiger,’ the story explores the blue-eyed Tiger’s magical kingdom through waterfalls as the audience learns of the ancient practice of cormorant fishing and follows the fairytale of the fish transforming into the Dragon Princess.
The show will be performed nightly at 8:30pm, 10:15pm, and 11:15pm from January 31 – February 15 and is free to view for all visitors.