NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has SCRAPPED caps on numbers for people allowed at weddings, funerals and for those allowed to attend a home.
Dancing and singing will also be allowed for all patrons.
Masks for public transport have also been scrapped. While they are no longer mandatory, they are still strongly recommended on public transport.
From 12.01am on Monday March 29:
- No caps on weddings and funerals
- No restrictions on singing
- No restrictions on dancing and singing
- No cap on home gatherings (a Covid safety plan must be in place if numbers exceed 100)
- 200 people allowed for personal outdoor public gatherings
- All venues to move to one person per two square metre rule
- 100 per cent seated capacity at entertainment venues including stadiums and theatres
- Mask use (including on public transport) will move from ‘mandatory’ to ‘strongly recommended’
— 9News Sydney (@9NewsSyd) March 24, 2021