The end-of-year movie season keeps getting bigger and bigger every year, but unlike the wintery colds the Northern Hemisphere hides from as they watch all the new flicks, we’ve got a summer ahead of us, and what better way to catch all the hottest new films than with a custom picnic and an evening breeze?
Moonlight Cinema is back this year to guide you through the summer blockbuster circuit, as you relax on your picnic rug with the perfect assortment of BYO snacks and drinks, plus the delish servings of the best local food trucks.
Returning to Sydney’s Centennial Park, Moonlight Cinema will be here until March, bringing huge new movies like Knives Out, Bombshell, Ford v Ferrari, Charlie’s Angels, Frozen 2 and more to the magical outdoor theatre. There’s also classics like Dirty Dancing, Home Alone and Love Actually, including a few Christmas classics to round out the festive season.
You can check the full programme and get tickets for the season on their website.
Moonlight Cinema Dates:
- Sydney: November 28 – March 29, Centennial Park
- Melbourne: November 28 – March 29, Central Lawn at Royal Botanic Gardens
- Perth: November 30 – March 29, Kings Park and Botanic Garden
- Adelaide: December 13 – February 16, Botanic Park
- Brisbane: December 14 – March 29, Roma Street Parkland (No BYO alcohol)