‘Baking’ your makeup is the new trend in Hollywood and Kim Kardashian is no doubt a big fan.
The trend has been around for a while, originally among Drag Queens – but it has now hit the mainstream, and here’s how to do it.
You can pull off the look too in six easy steps!
1. Make sure your eye area is well-hydrated. This will help to minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, by keeping the skin plumped.
2. Apply a very thick layer of concealer under your eyes, apply upwards from the apples of your cheeks all the way to your temples. Then blend it with a damp make-up sponge.
3. Coat a second layer of concealer – yes, it’s a lot of makeup, but this step is important for a long lasting look. Blend in the second layer and be sure to cover and smooth the creases.If the amount feels too much for you, feel free to skip this step.
4. Dust on translucent powder with a fluffy eyeshadow brush over the entire patches of concealer to set the makeup.
5. Now it’s time for the ‘baking’ part. Use a wedge sponge and dampen it with a setting spray. Then dip the wedge into the translucent powder you used in the last step and pack the loose powder generously over the area where you applied the concealer – leave for 5-10 minutes.
6. Now dust it off using the same fluffy eyeshadow brush over it and add more coverage to cover any harsh edges and voila!
If that’s a little confusing watch makeup blogger Heidi Hamoud bake her face.