All she wanted was eyebrows like Cara Delevingne, but what she was left with was horrifying.

Polly Smith, 19, had an eyebrow treatment in Buckinghamshire, UK that left one of her eyes swollen shut and both of her eyebrows infected.

The dance student was initially delighted with her eyebrows, but the next day they started to get itchy and red.

The day after, she woke up with one eye swollen shut and her eyebrows “yellow and scabby”.

She was diagnosed with a severe allergic reaction to the dye, despite getting a patch test at the salon.

She said she could be scarred for life and that as a dance student, could hurt her future career in auditions.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The salon that provided her treatment gave her a full refund of £35 and £20 to cover her antibiotics costs.

“It was horrible and so painful and I looked like I had been punched in the face,” Ms Smith told the Daily Mail.

“Doctors have said I could be permanently scarred. Being a performer if my face is disfigured, it is going to impact me at auditions.

“You should think twice about doing something which could scar your face. I don’t think it is worth the risk.”

H/T Cosmo

Advertisement
Advertisement

Images: SWNS via Daily Mail

Want more? Get more from Kyle & Jackie O!