Welcome to this week’s wacky restaurant collaboration!
Fireball Whisky has teamed up with Morgan McGlone from Sunday Potts Point to create an incredible-sounding winter warming cobbler.
Think Fireball-infused rhubarb, pear, and blood orange cobbler drenched in a Fireball spiked butterscotch sauce…
Because of the time and effort, it takes to make these delicious dishes, there will only be 100 available each week for two weeks from Friday 23rd July via pick up or delivery from Sunday Potts Point!!
Going for only $14 a pop, I reckon you’re getting your money’s worth!
“For me, there’s nothing more tempting than a warm cobbler. So, we created something special that’ll not only warm the hearts of Sydney-siders during these tough times but also help keep things spicy thanks to our mates at Fireball,” says Morgan McGlone (Sunday Potts Point & Belles Hot Chicken).
Each cobbler comes with a free Fireball mini to wash it down, or drizzle on top for that extra punch!
For those who aren’t in the area, Fireball has kindly released the recipe so you can make the cobbler yourself!!
Fireball Whisky x Sunday Potts Point Recipe (Serves 2):
Fireball, Rhubarb, Pear & Blood Orange Cobbler w/ Fireball Butterscotch Sauce
Cobbler Filling Ingredients:
60ml Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
200g rhubarb (peeled and cubed)
½ blood orange (peeled and diced)
½ pears (peeled, de-cored and diced)
⅛ tsp allspice
75g brown sugar
⅛ tsp vanilla essence
2g pinch kosher salt
Cobbler Filling Method:
- Place all ingredients into a heavy based pot and bring to the boil with a lid on
- Simmer for 7 mins and set aside.
- Allow to cool before placing into a baking dish.
Cobbler Topping Ingredients:
50g self-raising flour
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
Cobbler Topping Method:
- In a food processor place butter, flour and sugar inside and blend until dandy consistency.
- Add egg and cinnamon and blend until completely combined.
- Take mixture out of the processor and place onto baking paper, roll into a sausage form and place into the freezer until ready to cook.
Fireball Butterscotch Sauce Ingredients:
90ml Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
75g brown sugar
75g heavy cream
75g unsalted butter (diced)
2g smoked salt
Fireball Butterscotch Sauce Method:
- Place brown sugar and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce by 1/3 then add Fireball and reduce by 1/3 again.
- Cool down mixture by 25% and then blend in butter and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Slice cobbler top into 1cm discs and place 6 pieces on top of rhubarb mix and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Allow to rest for 10 mins and dust with icing sugar.
- To serve, take a generous spoon of cobbler and place on a plate or bowl. Pour over butterscotch sauce.
- Best served with either vanilla ice cream or whipped double cream.