The Cronut, half croissaint/half donut has definitely taken the world (and epic food enthusiasts in particular) by storm.
Now, there is a way to incorporate your favourite Easter treat into this sweet, fluffy creation.
According to a recipe on metro.co.uk, it’s actually REALLY easy to make!
- 1 x 6 pack Jus-Rol Bake-It-Fresh pain au chocolat
- 6 mini Cadbury’s Creme Eggs
- 1 beaten egg\
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- caster sugar for sprinkling over
There are 4 basic steps to creating these, but you’ll want to visit metro.co.uk for the awesome moving gifs!
1. Un-roll the pastry from the tin onto a lightly floured surface and egg wash one section. Use a cutter to make 2 small discs of dough.
2. Place a mini creme egg in the centre of one disc, cover with the second and then squeeze the edges of the discs firmly together, it’s important there are no gaps at all otherwise the chocolate will escape.
3. Heat the oil to 170C and carefully put the dough into the oil (you can cook in batches of 2-3 depending on the size of your pan or fryer but do not overcrowd it).
Cook for 90 seconds then turn it over and cook for another 90 seconds before removing and putting onto kitchen towel to drain any excess oil.
4. Whilst still hot sprinkle all over with caster sugar and eat whilst warm.