It’s the time of the year where giving to those in need is paramount, as the holidays can be the hardest time of year for families who are struggling.
No families struggle more than those who have children in hospital.
This year, the legends at Toys ‘R’ Us came to the table yet again to help Kyle and Jackie O give kids in need the ultimate gift this Christmas.
With $80,000 worth of toys to give out, we decided to set up a very special experience for some of the Sydney Children’s Hospitals sickest patients, and make sure that their Christmas this year – no matter what’s going on in their lives – is Merry.
At Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick:
– There is an average of 101 Emergency Department attendances per day.
– There are more than 900 admissions to our Intensive Care Unit each year.
– There are more than 1,400 physiotherapy treatments provided per month.
– 19% of patients admitted are from regional areas.
– There are 176 beds.
– 5kg of Play Doh is used each month.
– There are 1,839 staff members.
– There are more than 100 volunteers.