A 21 year old woman from Vermont was hospitalised after being bitten by a black widow spider. 

The woman did a grocery shop at Shaw’s in Colchester which included purchasing a bag of grapes. 

When she reached into the bag, the black widow spider crawled up her arm and bit her. 

Luckily, the girl was with her mother who saw the incident and was able to rush her daughter straight to hospital. 

Shaw’s in Colchester released the following statement after the incident: 

The health and safety of products we sell, and our customers, is our first concern. We have been closely monitoring the situation and been in contact with the family. We replaced product in the customer’s refrigerator as a precaution and took immediate action to inspect the product at the customer’s store. We also are inspecting the product in all of our stores and have been in touch with the supplier, which has an extensive food safety management system in place.”

Health officials say people bitten by black widows are usually back to normal after three or four days. 


Source: WPTZ

Love this? You’ll love this bit from Will & Woody – catch the boys weekdays from 4PM on KIIS 1065