Sadly a family dog has died and a house has been burnt down after a fire sparked from sun rays shining through a glass jar of Nutella.

The blaze was ignited when low winter light was refracted by a Nutella container sitting on a window sill, investigators believe.

The rays were apparently magnified and beamed onto blinds, causing them to catch fire.  

Declan Murphy, his wife and two children were out celebrating their wedding anniversary when the accident happened in their home in South-West, London. 

Unfortunately the family’s Jack Russell, named Chilli, was trapped inside the house and died. 

Declan has said they are “heartbroken” over the death of their dog and it may be up to a year before they can move back into their home. 

Advertisement
Advertisement

Source: Metro