A young family in England will have to find a new place to live after a simple mistake cost them their house.

What was the mistake? Something you might not even know could be dangerous, but is less uncommon than you would think. The family had innocently left an empty glass Nutella jar in the sunlight in the daughters bedroom, the glass refracted the sunbeams and sparked a fire in the daughters blinds.

The incident occurred while the family was out, but their Jack Russell, Chili, was at home and was unable to escape. Sadly, he died.

This unfortunate scenario can occur with any glass jar, vase, crystals, or anything that can reflect sunlight. In this instance it was an empty Nutella jar being used as a storage container, proving that chocolate can be bad for you even when it’s finished.