Whether it was a birthday, date or just a regular night, everyone has a Sizzler memory. So, it’s no surprise that when the restaurant chain slowly disappeared, we all felt a gaping hole in our hearts.
As the restaurants slowly close across the country, many people are missing their menu, including their special cheese toast.
In fact, it’s so special that it is made in a secret location. Ooohh.
If you are craving a slice of this heavenly treat, do not fret. A home cook has recreated the recipe and posted it online in the Mums Who Cook & Bake Facebook group. It’s safe to say that people are going wild for it!
This is how to make Sizzler’s cheese toast at home:
- Thick sliced white bread
- Butter or margarine at room temperature
- Can of Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- Combine equal amounts of butter or margarine with parmesan and mix to create a paste.
- Using a knife, spread the parmesan and butter or margarine paste on one side of your bread.
- Pan-fry the bread paste-side down in a frying pan over medium heat and place a lift or flat plate over the bread so it can steam while cooking. Cook until golden brown and serve.
And there you go! Your very own Sizzler cheese toast. The legend lives on!