An Australian mother has shared a video detailing an incident where she suffered a severe reaction to an airborne allergy while on plane flight.
Em Lee details her ordeal and pleads for fellow passengers to stop supporting the sale of nut products on flights.
Ms Lee’s eyes were still showing the signs of her ordeal which she believes was caused by nut residue left on a plane seat or tray table that she may have touched or inhaled during a domestic flight on the weekend.
Ms Lee reveals that her children were “terrified” she could die during her episode, though she felt she was only having a “minor” reaction.
But she has been spurred on by this incident to remind all plane passengers that nut products, could potentially be deadly.
“Having a life-threatening airborne allergy is like boarding a plane and enduring the whole flight with a person holding a loaded gun to your head. It is horrible,” Ms Lee said.
“This also affects my children emotionally in a huge way. They were so traumatised thinking I would die on last night’s plane, despite me calmly reassuring them the whole time. They are terrified.”
Around three in 100 Australian kids have a peanut allergy, with only 20 per cent of them outgrowing the allergy, according to Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia.