Body language expert, Patti Wood, reveals signs and signals that males give off that can reveal if he is interested in you or not!
1. His pupils are huge. This is because “Dilation is a response that occurs in the brain when you are attracted to something”.
2. His eyebrows are raised. People open their eyes wider when they like what they see, and raising eyebrows is a subconscious expression that goes along with this. If his eyebrows are raised while talking to you, he is interested in what you are saying.
3. He shows you his front teeth. Guys can’t cover it up when they are feeling really happy and will fully show their teeth.
4. He smiles above the mouth. Real smiles extend well beyond the mouth, the forehead is lifted, eyes are squinted. If he smiles with his whole face it means you genuinely affected him.
5. He licks his lips. When you’re attracted to someone, your mouth produces extra saliva, in response he might quickly lick his lips – this is in a cute way, not a creepy way!
6. He locks eyes with your face, not your eyes. If he spends about 80% of your time together looking from your eyes, to your nose and lips, he’s into you.
7. He takes a deep breath when he sees you. When guys take in a deep breath, he’ll pull in his stomach and puff out his chest, it’s a subconscious way to make him look fitter, because he is trying to impress you.
8. He leans towards you when you talk. If you are in a place where he can perfectly hear what you are saying and he still leans in when you speak, it’s because he is interested in what you are saying and also into you.
9. He puts his hands on his hips. This is a male power signal that guys use to show physical superiority over other guys. If he is doing it in front of you, he is seeking attention from you.
10. He makes an excuse to touch you, like picking a thread off your shirt. It’s a test to see how you respond to his touch.
11. He sits with his legs spread. Because this position draws attention to his man parts, he is putting himself out there (literally and emotionally) for you.
12. He angles his pelvis towards you. If he angles it towards you, it means sexual interest, if he doesn’t then he isn’t interested.
13. He points his toes towards you. The feet tend to point where the heart wants to go.
14. He crosses his legs. If he crosses them in a way that turns the rest of his body towards you, it means he is shy, but interested.
15. If he Shuffles slightly towards you while you’re talking. He obviously wants to get closer to you.
16. He talks to you without facing you. This can be a sign that he is keeping his options open.
17. He touches his throat. This represents communication and vulnerability. He is worried about how he is coming across.
18. When he holds your hand and he presses his palm against yours. This is fully committed hand holding and is a desire to connect. While an arched palm means he is scared or holding back.
19. He grazes your forearm while he’s talking. This message is clear, he wants your attention, either to impress you or make sure you are listening.
20. He touches your leg and then pulls away quickly. This is a tool to test your limits. It can mean he is only interested in sex or if he pulls away slowly and looks at you sweetly then it means he is interested.
21. He walks beside you. If he is constantly two steps ahead of you it means he is more concerned about himself. If he likes you, he will adjust his step to match yours.