• Perfect Strangers*
  • Listen on
Non-stop hits all day.

KIIS 1065

  • now playing:
    Perfect Strangers*
    Jonas Blue ft JP Cooper
  • Listen on

Aussie Baby Gets Life-Threatening Virus In Shopping Trolley

An Australian mother has warned parents against using baby seats in shopping trolleys after her son ended up in hospital.

Writing on her Facebook page Vivienne Wardrop, from Queensland, said her 10-month-old was rushed to hospital after catching a virus believed to be contracted from the shopping trolley.

“Just wanted to warn parents against using baby seats in trolley without wiping down or using a blanket,” she wrote.

“Didn't even think about it just popped him in and did a quick shop. I hadn't been anywhere with him in a week so doctors advised only place he could of gotten it.

“My 10-month-old woke up the next morning so sick. Took him to hospital and he ended up in intensive care for 8 days. He ended up catching adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonella poisoning and got meningitis because of the strain on his body."


“[He] Ended up with a central line as his veins were collapsing due to severe dehydration. He was in hospital for a total of 10 days and will still take another week or 2 to fully recover.

“So please be careful I never thought something like this could happen.”

Her post has been shared more than 8,000 times.

Share this: