Mouse Found In A Subway Sandwich Is The Grossest Thing
A man from the US found something a little extra in his Subway sandwich... A wet, dead mouse.
The mouse had been scooped up with the spinach.
Jay Armstead luckily avoided eating the sandwich, but his friend Matt Jones took a photo and put it on social media.
“I got my drink, turned around and they were in shock like something happened,Jones told KGW Portland.
“There was a mouse in there. It was gross.”
The photo has gone viral, and we feel for the poor, unfortunate people who unknowingly ate food tainted by a dead rodent...
The Subway employee offered a full refund to Armstead, and a voucher for a free sandwich, but neither Jones or Armstead are keen to cash it in.
“It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen, but it’s also the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen,” Jones told Portland's KGW.
“I laughed because I was like, there is no way this just happened.”
“How many sandwiches prior to that were served and eaten from that same tub of spinach?” he said.
“I told them they should notify anyone who purchased a sandwich with spinach in it that day and they laughed at me, said it would be impossible for them to track everyone down."
Though it was really gross, Health and Human Services determined that it wasn't a health hazard, as the mouse was in the bag with the spinach, and didn't crawl in.
Subway released this statement to KPW:
“As soon as the customer alerted the owner about what happened, they were immediately given a full refund and an investigation was launched.
"To be cautious, all of the products in the sandwich unit were disposed of and a thorough cleaning took place, in which the Health Department gave the restaurant a clean bill of health.
"There were no other complaints made.”