David Beckham Loses Driver’s License For Six Months
David Beckham won’t be able to get behind the wheel for six-months after losing his driver’s license.
The former soccer star has appeared in court in England, pleading guilty to using his mobile phone while driving.
The incident occurred while Beckham was driving through London on November 21 last year.
Evidence of the incident was provided after a witness took a photo of Beckham looking at his phone while driving.
“Instead of looking straight forward, paying attention to the road, he appeared to be looking at his lap,” said prosecutor Matthew Spratt.
Beckham claimed that he didn’t remember using his phone while driving on that day but chose to plead guilty anyway.
“There is no excuse for what took place but his view is as he cannot remember… he’s going to plead guilty and that’s what he’s done,” said Beckham’s lawer Gerard Tyrell.
Along with losing his license for six months, the pro footballer was also fined 200 Euro.
Beckham copped six points for the mobile phone incident and lost his license as he had already lost six points from his license prior to the incident.